Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

ELDER BACARRO'S last transfer's 4th week


Annyeong Haseyo my dear family. This is Elder Bacarro again from Korea Seoul Mission, reporting the events of my 4th week in this last leg. We got mild weather last week and lots of rain but toady is really nice, sunny but windy. Fall is coming soon.

We had our zone conference at Noryang-jin. I went to that church last January 7, 2011, my first morning here in Korea. I went there again last Thursday after 1 year to give my last talk for the mission. It was really weird to think sometimes that I'm going home soon but I'm really trying not to think about it. 4 of us gave our last talks. 2 sisters and 2 elders. I was on the 4th list. When I gave my talk, I talk in Tagalog for a minute and gave the rest of my talk in English. It was really emotional  and weird. I just shared basically what I learned as a missionary and shared some advises especially for the young missionaries. I'll give you a copy of my last talk next week so that you can read it guys. That moment was the most emotional part of my mission so far. I was sad that day too because it will be my last zone conference. Elder Noe, my last companion in Uijeongbu got extended for his mission, so he will not go home with us this September.

Yesterday was my last Stake conference in Korea. Our stake had a conference and our Mission President and wife gave their talks about pushing members to support the missionaries and doing missionary work. We were so happy to hear about that! It was a fun conference.

Last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I had splits for the last time with my Zone leaders. I went to their area and went to Gimpo to help the English class there cuz the Elders there are both Koreans. We slept at their house at night because we were to far to come back to Seoul and we didn't have much time to travel back. It was so cold and rainy at that day! I was so happy. I hate hot weather and humid now. I heard typhoon will come today here so..I don't know whats gonna happen. My shoes are totally hammered but I have another pair, I'll use them in my last week here.

I think that's all so far for the 4th week. We didn't get our travel plans. There's a chance that I'll arrive in NAIA at morning. Returning missionaries usually go at 10:40 am from Incheon airport. Our office sister told me that I'll be a lil bit early so maybe I'll be in Manila by 1pm of September 14? I'm not sure so I'll call the office about that. You have to get my itenerary in your email.

Love you all and talk you again next week!!

ELDER BACARRO

No comments:

Post a Comment