Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Interviews from our new Mission President

안녕하세요 나의 가족!!!


How's it goin up 'er? It's me again from Korea Seoul Mission. We rains for the past 4 days but they're not that bad as last year. I love 장마(jang-ma) as they call it in korean(monsoon) this year, i's coll and not warm. Still kinda sucks coz it's hard to talk to people on the street so we just call our potential investigator records. We clean our house if it is raining outside. Today is rainy and feels good outside, 20 degrees celcius.




Last Monday, I hanged out with my MTC batch because some of them will go home this coming August 3. We had hotdogs and barbeque!!! Cheeze awesome! We just talked our MTC memories and just played card games like PHASE 10 and UNO. It was fun. Tuesday night, we had a dinner appointment from our member. His name is 이상래. He's the 2nd conselor in the stake presidency here. Her daugher served her mission in Seattle. We talked about her mission. My comp and I surprised for her planners especially the weekly goals, it was different a lil' bit. She met some Filipino missionaries up there. Wednesday, it was our Combined District meeting at 화곡 area. We talked about the Doctrine of Christ and our purpose as a missionary. We gave trainings from us(missionaries). I talked about the Book of Mormon and Opening the Heavens. It's an article form Elder Yoshihiko Kikuchi of the Seventy. I did some splits in my district so I went to 개봉 with Elder 기민수. We had some fun and visited a lot of their members. At night, I just gave a training about baptimasl commitments.



Thursday, we met our inveestigator, 기민준. We played pinpong with his firend, 주항. He's our member in our ward. Sad coz he's going to America next week for school. He's our favorite young men in our ward. Pretty much at night, English class and ward correlation meeting.



Friday, our interviews with our new Mission President. It was weird coz it was in English and reall awesome. We just basically talked my plans in my last transfer. I kinda cried in that interview because he said some things and some advices that I can do more. He thanked me in my leadership as a district leader. I love President Christensen! His wife was there too but she's waiting in another room. She's cool and brought us chocolates, sweet!!! Anyways about the interviews, we talked about setting vison that I can set and do in my last transfer. He said also about not being trunky because he really doesn't want missionaries get trunky.



Saturday was a busy day! We had soccer game with our ward. We met 2 new investigators and one of them is really interested in English. Then at night, we commited Mr. Bong to be baptize on July 29 and... He accepted it! He's so humble and really wants to change his life. I was so happy because I really really want baptism in my lst part of my mission. Me and my companion was so happy for him! He came to church yesterday.



We had dinner appointment last night at our member's house with our former bishop and his family and of course with Mr. Bong!!! It was good coz they taugh him about temple work and he loved it! He expressed his feelings about his father's death so we told him that through his gospel he will see him again. I'm just really grateful for this gospel and I know it is true!



That's all for the last week. I love you all and PEACE!



ELDER BACARRO

No comments:

Post a Comment